Kids grow out of things, right? Say, like throwing things, or throwing things at babies? What I am about to tell you is something I am not proud of and feel extremely horrible about.
Xavier sometimes likes to throw toys and such. It's noting really serious but we try and teach him not to throw in the house. He is only 1 so he obviously can't fully understand his actions. Today was a pretty bad demonstration of that. He took his shoe (for some reason he is obsessed with shoes and will play with them) and threw it at baby Alexander while he was swinging in the baby swing. I couldn't believe it. Here we tell him to be nice constantly and to gentle with the cats and to Alexander and he throws his shoe at him. I was also embarrassed and felt it was more my fault for letting him play with his shoes and not keeping a closer eye on him.
I don't ever remember any of my younger siblings acting the way that Xavier does. Now, I am not saying Xavier is bad all the time but there are things he does that need to be corrected. I just to know how to correct it. I appreciate my parents so much for the discipline they gave us. I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I just want Xavier to be the same.
Any suggestions on discipline??
3 months
12 years ago


Honestly! Who throws a shoe?
ReplyDeleteIs Alexander ok? And Xavier is such a bully. Or he's a baby boy. They all like throwing things. He was probably just trying to share those awesome shoes with Alexander in case he wanted to play with them, too.